WDCC gives scholarships to local
college students at MCC and Baker
DID YOU KNOW?
Mobile Food Pantry 2017 Schedule
2017 dates are: May 23rd, June 27th, August 22nd and September 26th, and all are at 4pm. Location: Emmanuel Congregational Church on White Lake Drive east of Russell Road. Please be there by 3:15pm to help unload the truck. We are usually done by 5:00pm. We always need help!
Did You Know?
The WDCC bylaws require a yearly financial audit?
It’s done by two Board members and once the accounting books are verified, all the records go to Conn, Geneva & Robinson Certified Accountants for a full financial reporting.
In addition, all monies that come in to the WDCC for various fundraisers and membership dues, are counted by at least 2 people. When our Treasurer, Mary Kendall, gets the money she cross checks it to be sure it matches.
- Makes copies of all checks and deposits.
- Reconciles bank account each month to the penny.
- Keeps copies of all voided checks so she can show why they were voided.
- Keeps a Membership dues notebook and payments are verified and crosschecked by the President and the two Membership committee chairs.
- Reports to the Board each month with a listing of all checks and deposits for the month.
The WDCC books are open for members to view at any time, and if you have questions about any of the financial procedures, please ask Mary.